Sunday 2 October 2011

Renew Me Lord


Romans 12:2

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

I’ve often wondered and prayed about this verse – how Lord do I renew my mind, please teach me … and in between thoughts and living a busy life God often spoke about renewing my mind regarding people, situations and places.  But this morning I had a new lovely revelation …

In the early morning hours I woke up listening to the rain outside – it’s the first summer rains after a drought in our part of the world.  The rain fell softly against my window and lying with closed eyes I praised and thanked our wonderful Abba Father. Outside everything smelled fresh, leaves soft to my touch and the veldt covered in a beautiful clean clear crisp glow of yellow grey morning light through the clouds. As the rain continue to fall I experienced God’s presence with me and reading His Word it felt like fresh lovely raindrops splashing in my heart, soul, mind and body … renewing me from inside out … renewing my mind to hear His voice, to follow His direction …

Thank you Jesus for your precious rain –  please keep pouring Your rain in my heart - I love You!
















No comments:

Post a Comment